- SmallAnt Chronicles His Journey To Beat World Pencil Sharpening Recordby Carlos Zotomayor on March 3, 2021 at 8:37 am
Quick! Off the top of your head, what do you think is the weirdest speed record out there? Soda can opening? Pen clicking? Toenail clipping? All good answers with their respective record ranks. But for speedrunner and challenge taker SmallAnt, one of the strangest challenges he has ever undertaken has got to be pencil sharpening. [...] The post SmallAnt Chronicles His Journey To Beat World Pencil Sharpening Record appeared first on SolidSmack.
- 5 Stages of the Customer Journeyby Chris Fulmer on March 3, 2021 at 10:23 am
BRANDINGAnd how to master themPhoto: Sergey Nivens (Adobe Stock)Premium brands know it’s what happens before the sale that makes the sale. In this article, you’ll discover a 5-step framework that will transform the way you communicate with your target audience.I just wasn’t sure which one to buy. Both seemed to be exactly what I wanted and for the same price. A friend recommended one brand, but I came across a competitor worth […]
- The art of loss: Mourning "Charley Hill" the intrepid undercover agent who recovered Edvard Munch's "The Scream"by Unknown on February 25, 2021 at 8:10 am
It's hard to write a second In Memoriam in less than one year for someone who spent a goodly part of their life dedicated to the recovery of stolen art. In the first days after Charles Hill's death, on Saturday, February 20th, words completely eluded me. Trying to think of what I could write or should write, and knowing a man's successes are not a sum of his career, I also thought to his family trying to cope with his unexpected loss. […]
- Nominations for the 2021 Annual Leadership Awards Are Now Open!by Jerelle Jenkins on March 1, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Monday, March 1, 2021Category: Americans for the Arts NewsThe Annual Leadership Awards recognize the achievements of individuals, organizations, or programs committed to enriching their communities through the arts and will be acknowledged in conjunction with the Annual Convention happening virtually June 7-11, 2021. Nominations close Monday, March 29 at 9:00 a.m. ET.
- Gab's CTO Introduced a Critical Vulnerability to the Siteby Dan Goodin, Ars Technica on March 3, 2021 at 7:30 pm
A review of the open source code shows an account under the executive's name made a mistake that could lead to the kind of breach reported this weekend.
- hibernating bears and nasa -- 3/3/21on March 3, 2021 at 8:20 am
Today's selection -- from Packing for Mars by Mary Roach. The effects of zero gravity on the human body are significant -- balance problems, visual disturbances, damage to the heart muscle and bone loss. However, maybe hibernating bears can help: "Black bears emerge from their dens after four to seven months in bed with bones as strong as when they turned in. There are researchers who believe that hibernating bears may hold the key to […]
- Reggae icon Bunny Wailer, last of the original ‘Wailers,’ passes awayby Emma Lewis on March 2, 2021 at 11:59 pm
"We remember with great pride how Bunny, Bob Marley and Peter Tosh took Reggae music to the four corners of the earth."
- Online Dating: Does Education Matter?on January 13, 2017 at 6:51 pm
Online daters are most likely to contact people with the same level of education as them, but are less fussy about an intellectual match as they get older, according to new research.
- 4 Ways to Maximize Business Profitsby ID Blogger on February 26, 2021 at 4:52 pm
In discussing strategies for startups and small businesses, there’s always a lot of talk about how entrepreneurs can obtain early funding. We talk about how common it is for startups to get off the ground with financial help from family and friends, for instance. In some cases, we highlight successful campaigns on Kickstarter as reasons to explore the crowdfunding route. And of course, there’s venture capital to consider. Securing adequate […]
- We’re Back! The Colossal Shop Is Restockedby Colossal on March 3, 2021 at 7:15 pm
We just added a few fun goods to the newly reopened Colossal Shop, including these (reversible!) face masks featuring some of art history’s most iconic works. Head to the shop for pins, magnets, and pop-up greeting cards that’ll find a permanent spot on your fridge. Each purchase directly supports Colossal and independent arts publishing, and remember, Colossal Members get 10 percent off nearly everything: just log in to your account and […]
- The True, The Real And The Beautiful: 7 Years Of 'Cosmos And Culture'by Adam Frank on April 13, 2018 at 3:45 pm
Through science commentary, we created a place for exploration of deep, complex issues. There's a hunger in all of us for more than just facts — we hunger for meaning, says astrophysicist Adam Frank.
- Forget Video: The Fashion Photograph Still Has Plenty To Sayby Rachel Tashjian on March 3, 2021 at 9:32 pm
Dries Van Noten knows the fashion lookbook—not the film—is defining our moment.
- After Bumper BO Holiday, China’s Cinemas Face Uncertain Months Aheadby Patrick von Sychowski on March 3, 2021 at 8:51 am
The success of cinema releases in China over the Spring Festival (aka Chinese New Year) was a shot in the arm for the global theatrical business and proof that audiences are prepared to flock back to cinemas, once they feel... The post After Bumper BO Holiday, China’s Cinemas Face Uncertain Months Ahead appeared first on Celluloid Junkie.
- Tony Cokes at Circaby Contemporary Art Daily on March 3, 2021 at 5:45 pm
Artist: Tony Cokes Venue: Circa, London Exhibition Title: 4 Voices / 4 Weeks Date: February 1 – 28, 2021 Click here to view slideshow Full gallery of images, press release and link available after the jump. Images: Video: Tony Cokes at Circa, installation video, 2021 Images courtesy of Circa, London Press Release: American visual artist Tony