- Feed has no items.
- 6th Annual New Zealand Art Crime Symposiumby Unknown on May 13, 2021 at 7:15 am
Event: the 6th Annual New Zealand Art Crime SymposiumLocation: City Gallery Wellington (Māori: Te Whare Toi)Te Ngākau Civic Square, Wellington, New ZealandDate: Saturday, 29 May 2021Hosted by the New Zealand Art Crime Research Trust, in conjunction with City Gallery Wellington and other sponsors. On hand for the Symposium are a number of speakers encompassing a wide range of presentations on issues and aspects of art crime in New […]
- Americans For the Arts Remembers Dancer, Choreographer, and Educator Jacques d’Amboiseby Ms. Ann Marie Watson on May 10, 2021 at 8:09 pm
Monday, May 10, 2021Category: Americans for the Arts NewsAmericans for the Arts mourns the loss of ballet dancer Jacques d’Amboise, who passed away Sunday, May 2 at the age of 86. He was a prolific dancer, an arts education advocate, and a member of Americans for the Arts’ Artists Committee since 2004.
- The Yankees Covid Outbreak May Be Bad News for Ditching Masksby Adam Rogers on May 13, 2021 at 10:28 pm
The spate of cases is a bad bounce—and it might show that lifting mask mandates for the vaxxed won’t be a grand slam.
- Feed has no items.
- anno domini -- 5/13/21on May 13, 2021 at 7:20 am
Today's selection -- from The Forge of Christendom: The End of Days and the Epic Rise of the West by Tom Holland. Charlemagne and the establishment of 'A.D.' as the basis for calculating dates. At the beginning of the ninth century A.D., with Rome long since crumbled, Constantinople was capitol of the leading Christian empire, the Rome of the East. But the Frankish king Charlemagne had built a new Western empire to eclipse it, extending across […]
- Feed has no items.
- Online Dating: Does Education Matter?on January 13, 2017 at 6:51 pm
Online daters are most likely to contact people with the same level of education as them, but are less fussy about an intellectual match as they get older, according to new research.
- 4 Ways to Maximize Business Profitsby ID Blogger on February 26, 2021 at 4:52 pm
In discussing strategies for startups and small businesses, there’s always a lot of talk about how entrepreneurs can obtain early funding. We talk about how common it is for startups to get off the ground with financial help from family and friends, for instance. In some cases, we highlight successful campaigns on Kickstarter as reasons to explore the crowdfunding route. And of course, there’s venture capital to consider. Securing adequate […]
- Ceramic Mosaics Mend Cracked Sidewalks, Potholes, and Buildings in Vibrant Interventions by Emememby Grace Ebert on May 13, 2021 at 7:26 pm
Throughout his home city of Lyon, Ememem is known as “the pavement surgeon.” The artist repairs gouged sidewalks and splintered facades with colorful mosaics that he describes as “a poem that everybody can read.” Intricate geometric motifs laid with pristine tiles hug the cracks and create “a memory notebook of the city. It reveals what happened, the life in these public places,” he tells Colossal. “Here cobblestones have been […]
- The True, The Real And The Beautiful: 7 Years Of 'Cosmos And Culture'by Adam Frank on April 13, 2018 at 3:45 pm
Through science commentary, we created a place for exploration of deep, complex issues. There's a hunger in all of us for more than just facts — we hunger for meaning, says astrophysicist Adam Frank.
- Oh Damn, These Handsome Shorts Are 70% Off (Plus 20 More Sales Deals)by Gerald Ortiz, Avidan Grossman on May 13, 2021 at 8:58 pm
Including superstar sneakers, a watch-guy-approved watch, and the slides that'll let you slide into beach weather.
- CJ People: Vue’s Dee Vassili Proves Cinema Operations is All About the Teamby Helen Budge on May 13, 2021 at 11:53 am
CJ People is a new series from Celluloid Junkie, examining the issues that affect the driving force of cinema exhibition and the wider film industry: its people. We aim to cover any and all relevant “people” topics from mental health... The post CJ People: Vue’s Dee Vassili Proves Cinema Operations is All About the Team appeared first on Celluloid Junkie.
- María Gómez at Galería Marta Cerveraby Contemporary Art Daily on May 13, 2021 at 4:45 pm
Artist: María Gómez Venue: Galería Marta Cervera, Madrid Exhibition Title: El viento, retirarse es lo primero Date: April 17 – June 5, 2021 Note: press release available here. Click here to view slideshow Full gallery of images and link available after the jump. Images: Images courtesy of Galería Marta Cervera, Madrid. Photos by Pablo Linés. Link: María Gómez